On Tuesday’s Carole hosts ‘Ten on Tuesdays’.
She chooses a topic – we list ten items.
10 Foods That Belong Together.
1. My very first thought was a favorite dessert of our family –
Chocolate cake with ‘bonilla icing with sprinkles and
‘bonilla ice cream with chocolate syrup ‘uppa top’
I almost went out and bought a chocolate cake, icing,
ice cream and syrup ( I have the sprinkles);
baked and frosted the cake;
then fixed me some dessert.
So I could show you how good this really is.
2. Ketchup and any type of hamburger
3. Spaghetti and Toasted Garlic bread
4. Summer and First of the season vegetables
(a previous year’s picture)
5. Frito Boats – Chili and Fritos
from Cooks.com Put two spoonfuls of heated chili in bowl.
Put a layer of Fritos on top of chili.
Put another of chili.
Add a layer of cheese.
Add a layer of lettuce and tomatoes if you want.
Top with a few more Fritos
6. Dark chocolate and almonds
7. Bacon and Tomatoes and Avocados
make a delicious BTA.
I like mine n rye bread with mustard.
8. the Farmer says ‘any veggies’ go in the juice
9. Strawberry Shortcake –
We take fresh out of the oven sweet biscuits, split them open,
add a scoop of ‘bonilla’ ice cream, soften,
cover with sliced sweetened strawberries
be sure to get lots of juice.
I stop there, but some in the family proceed
to add a generous helping of whipped cream.
I can’t find the picture I took years ago.
Join with Carole, but not when you’re hungry.
What am I going to have for lunch?