John 14:1-4, 6
Let not your heart be troubled:
ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father’s house are many mansions:
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again, and receive you unto myself;
that where I am, there ye may be also.
And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Thomas saith unto him,
Lord, we know not whither thou goest;
and how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me,
I am the Way – That leads so the Father: –
the Truth that teaches the knowledge of God,
and directs in the way: –
the Life that animates all those who seek and serve him,
and which is to be enjoyed eternally at the end of the way.
Christ is the Way:
1. By his doctrine, John 6:68.
2. By his example, 1 Peter 2:21.
3. By his sacrifice, Hebrews 9:8, Hebrews 9:9.
4. By his Spirit, John 16:13.
He is the Truth:
1. In opposition to all false religions.
2. To the Mosaic law, which was only the shadow, not the truth or substance, of the good things which were to come. And
3. In respect to all the promises of God, 2 Corinthians 1:20.
He is the Life,
both in grace and glory;
the life that not only saves from death, but destroys it.
No man cometh unto the Father–
By any other doctrine,
by any other merit,
or by any other intercession than mine.